Saturday, July 8, 2006

There's a baby in my bed

D WAS away yesterday in Singgers. Today, he's gone off treasure hunting with his team from work and he'll only be back tomorrow.

So in the meantime, I've found someone to keep his side warm!


I'm pretty happy she is sleeping well coz yesterday Zoe got her pneumococcal jab. I had to give her some fever medication half an hour before we went to the doc's in case she had a bit of a reaction to it.

Since I knew D was going to be away, I decided to get Nurse J to come in to check on her in the afternoon just in case.

All was well...

* Temperature: 36.4C
* Weight: 5.7kg (Her weight gain seems to be calming down now as she put on only 200g in two weeks.)
* Head Circum: 40.5cm
* Length: 56cm (She grew 2cm in two weeks.)

Nurse J also checked her developmental progress - social skills, communication, motor development, vision etc.

All ok except...

I've been told to give her more tummy time. It seems playing on her tummy will force her to use - and strengthen - her neck muscles to lift her head. She will also learn to use her arms to push herself up, which works on her back muscles, helping her to sit up later on.

Also I've got to exercise her left eye more.

Now we're off to the play gym!

Well, after she wakes up...

No comments: