Saturday, July 1, 2006

Reflections at TWO months


"DOES your baby have a face yet?", asked Ernz the other day.

A funny question but I understood completely what she meant.

Dare I say it but... all babies look the same!

Even though to your Dad and me, you are the cutest, loveliest, most divine bubz, you still look like... a baby.

It's funny that whenever people meet you, they try to figure out which features you've inherited from me and from your dad.

Is your face really a composite of ours?

For the first month, everyone thought you looked like your dad. But these days, more people are starting to see some of me in you.


But when your dad and I look at you, we just see you - our sweet little baby gurrr.

You have changed so much in the last month.

You smile so much more. You've begun making talky-talk sounds. You listen intently when we sing and talk to you. And did I mention, you smile... incredible, heart warming smiles.

You spend a lot more time awake and alert now. You are interested in your surroundings. You love to lie in the play gym I made you and stare at the bright colours all around you. When you go for our daily walks downstairs, you love looking at the palm trees blowing in the wind.


Unfortunately, your attention span is still extremely short. Five or ten minutes is pretty much it for you, whether we're playing, going for a car ride, walking about...

And that is when you DEMAND to be picked up.

You love being carried. You coo and sigh with great contentment when you are cradled and cuddled.

We're trying not to spoil you - with limited success. It's just too hard to say "no" to your angry face.

So for now, you always get your way!

No comments: