Saturday, July 15, 2006

The morning after

WE'RE all pretty beat taking care of the little one without the Nanny.

But the nights have been pretty okay.

Zoe goes to bed around 8pm.

Then she wakes up between 12mn-1am for a feed.

I am usually up for more than an hour changing her nappy, nursing, burping, settling her back to sleep and then pumping out what's left in the udders (so I don't get mastitis again!).

Around 4-5am, she's up again for another feed. Another blurry hour plus tending to her needs.

Zoe behaves wonderfully at night and sleeps well.

However, she thinks the day begins at 6am!

She wants to play, be read to and do her gym workouts then.

Given the little sleep I have through the night, there's no way I could possibly be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6am, so Liz comes up around 6.30am to take over.

By 8.15 Zoe is all tired out and needs a nap - and so does Liz!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The scene int he nursery at 9am today.

No comments: