Saturday, July 22, 2006

Carry carry... carrying onnnn

SHE was carried quite a bit by her nannies during her first ten weeks.

I think they believed their job was to keep her happy, ie not crying, and the fail-safe way was to just carry her.

Big mistake.

Coz Zoe is now used to be carried all day long.

So since the nanny left, I have been trying to wean her off being carried. Of course, the baby's been pissed off but I mean it just isn't practical to hold her all the time during the day, right? There are things to be done!

However, my mother-in-law who came down to help out while D went away feels sorry for the little one during her crying spells.

"Ah yah, she's so little. Never mind la, just carry carry a while. It's ok."

But I've been trying to explain to her that it just will make things even more difficult for Zoe when she leaves.

The longer this carry carry thing goes on, the harder it will be for Zoe to learn to entertain herself in her bouncer/cot/playgym/floormat/pram/carseat.

Not to mention difficult for me too! Zoe now weighs 6.2kg and the scales keep on climbing up.

Zoe - and NaiNai - are slowly learning to see things my way. In just a few days, she's become a far more independent, active baby.

I just hope that when we go to Singapore next weekend, she won't get used to being entertained that way again when everyone will want to pick her up all the time!

One exception to the rule is when we go out... having her in the Baby Bjorn is often the most hassle-free way of getting around. And boy, does she lurve it!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Don't bother me! I'm very comfy!

No comments: