Thursday, July 27, 2006

It sucks

ZOE put herself to sleep on Tuesday night!

Normally, I have to pat pat pat her bum or give her the pacifier before she nods off.

But on Tuesday, she was put in her cot still awake but groggy. She started sucking on her hand and within minutes was out for the night.

This is BIG news.

Significant, because now if she wakes up in the midle of the night, she doesn't need me to rock, pat or nurse her back to slumber.

I was set!

Or so I thought.

However last night, she just couldn't get it right!

The poor bubz had a super-restless night, waking up almost every hour from midnight.

She tried very hard to soothe herself back to sleep. She'd slurp and suck at her hand, waking us in the process coz she was dem noisy.

Zoe still can't quite find her thumb. So she tries to make do by sucking on her knuckle. Most unsatisfying!

She got more and more frustrated - and noisy - so in the end, I had to get up and lull her back to sleep... every hour.

Zzzzzzzzzombie.

* * *



On another note, I am trying to get Zoe used to sleeping on this mat.

Sleep Cue: Bear mat = Nap time.

This will help when we go to Singgers coz she will have something familiar with her to nap on.

Which theoretically will make everyone's life easier.

* * *


Cursed mastitis!

My right boob flared up again at lunchtime yesterday. A fever of 38.2 which broke pretty easily (ie after five panadols). I massaged and applied hot compress all day to unclog it.

It seems to have worked. I feel much better today. No more hot angry red spots, though there are still some painful lumps.

Zoe has been feeding rather irregularly through the day. Day-time feeds are every three hours but at night, she can sleep up to seven hours.

Needless to say, the milk production factory is more than a little confused.

No comments: