Friday, March 3, 2006

School's in... and OUT!

Many women work through their pregnancy up until the day they give birth. In Singapore, there is three months of maternity leave and then working women are back at their places of employment.

Well, thank God I am not working (though I think if I were, I could and it'd be ok coz I'd be in a routine) but I was going to finish up my degree before Mopi's arrival.

But when I went through a couple of lectures and my course materials yesterday, I was like... G.A.H!!!!!

So, this is what ensued...

To: Faculty of Arts, Postgraduate Student Support Centre
I have one more unit to complete to fulfil my MA graduation requirements. However, I am due to deliver in April/May and I am not sure if I will be able to complete the unit. As such, I'd like to inquire when the cut off date is for withdrawing without penalty. Also, if I do withdraw, do I have to complete my remaining unit this year or or can I resume studies in 2007?

To: Me
The deadline to withdraw from semester 1 units without financial or academic penalty is 31 March. Another option you might like to consider is to intermit (defer) for either semester 1 or for 2006. This way you can keep your place within the course. If you wish to do this, the deadline is also 31 March. If you wish to intermit semester 1 after that date you will liable for the tuition fees. Please let me know if you wish to intermit and I can complete the paperwork on your behalf and forward it to Student Administration for processing.

To: Faculty of Arts, Postgraduate Student Support Centre
Thanks so much for your prompt response. After considering your advice, I will defer for this year and resume in semester 1 2007. Thanks so much for your help.

Then I told Pinny about my decision via MSN:
P: i think u will be very busy w the baby
S: i only have ONE unit to complete to GRADUATE. how lazy is this!
S: ...and i could finish my dissertation before the baby is due in may
S: ...could.... should....
S: ...but WON"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P: ...but u can write nice blogs
Q.E.D.

No comments: