Look how your little cheeks have filled out over the last month...
At this month's prenatal visit, the doctor told us not only can you open and close your eyes, but you've even got little eyelashes to bat.
You are really active! You are always on the move. The doc had a bit of a laugh as he tried to measure your thigh bone, check your heart and your tummy. You wriggled and squiggled all about.
Your busiest time of day is in the mornings and in the evenings, usually when I am lying down. I guess when I lie down it gets pretty squishy in there and you keep trying to make more room.
You now make fewer big movements, like somersaults, but you make up for it by kicking harder. Ow!
Also, you stretch a lot. For the last week, you've been sticking out a foot or a fist quite regularly. It feels really weird having a lump suddenly - and sometimes violently - appear out of my tummy. For some reason, that mostly happens on my right side and up top.
I've been getting a burning sensation right in the middle of my chest. It seems my intestines are all squashed up there and sometimes when you kick up top, it really hurts. Combination heartburn and karate move. Nice.
You've also had a few bouts of hiccups. The first time I felt it was about a week ago. I sent D an sms and your grandmother. She thought it was so cute and she told all her friends about it. "Really ah? Babies can hiccup inside ah?", she asked her other grandma friends. Already she is carrying on about you and you are not even born!
You know someone said to me, "No one will think your baby is as interesting as you." And it's SO TRUE! There really is nothing worse than hearing a mother - or a grandmother - going on and on. So we'll try to keep it all in the family - or on your blog here!
1 comment:
I love this post :)
Post a Comment