D was super sweet to drive me down last last Thursday. He left me the car and bussed back to KL for work and then flew back on the weekend for Ickle's wedding and to drive me back to KL. "Just enjoy yourself - it's the last time you are going to be there without a baby in tow!", he reminded me. Eeeps!
While I had a blast in Singgers - attending ickle's many wedding festivities, poking about in the shops, and flitting away hours with smell, the foggies and the girlies (d and g included) - I realised that Singapore isn't home.
For me, home really is where D and I have set up house. Where all our stuff is. Where I feel comfy in my own space-place. It was just so nice walking back into our home with our lovely comfy beddy and pillows, our bathroom (and range of toiletries!), my kitchen... and the couch!
This sense of comfort, peace, belonging (whatever you want to call it) is really what I think I will need once Mopi pops.
...Which brings me to the FIRST issue of WHERE we are going to have Mopi: Singapore or KL???
D's vote is Singgers coz he thinks Dr Y is good and that the medical facilities are much better. His view: If you can get the best medical care in the region, why would you not opt to do so?
But it's not as simple as that.
Challenge #1
If I pop in Singgers, I would have to travel down at 37-38 weeks and wait for Mopi to decide when she's ready to face the world. D would not be with me and will only come down once there is an indication she is about to pop. So I will be alone - staying with my foggies or the in laws - during my last few weeks of pregnancy (which can go up to 42 weeks!).
Challenge #2
After Mopi pops, I want to be at HOME as soon as I can. As I said, our home is here in KL.
Also, I kind of want the three of us to be a family and to make our own decisions - and mistakes, rather than having other people around and doing things that I may or may not agree with for the baby (or telling me what to do etc) - even if they have the best intentions.
Anyway, we went to see two docs in Singgers while we were back and...
Solution to #2
The docs say D can drive us back to KL as soon as I am discharged even after a few days. However, to make sure all is super dooper ok, I can stay in hospital for a week and then head directly back to KL. This will allow for any baby problems to be sorted out (ie jaundice etc) and also for the nurses to teach me all I need to know about baby care and feeding. Dr Y says I will become a pro after a week of training. Hmmm....
It seems it's not a big deal for Mopi to go for a 3hour+ car ride at one week old. C asked her pediatrician for me: "Dr says fine for baby to travel!"
As you can imagine, both sets of oldies are FREAKING OUT. But since all the docs say it's ok, they'll just have to cope!
Solution to #1
...Brings us to another problem. A decision as to HOW we are going to deliver.
I don't particularly want to be alone for the last few weeks leading up to Mopi's birth coz I think it's an important time for us to be together. Besides, I think I will need D to look after me in moments of blubbering, hormonal freak outs and just to know he's at arm's length is very reassuring.
So to minimise this alone-time and to make sure D is around for the birth, the docs have deemed the best way to do this is to:
a) induce the birth - and then pop her out naturally
b) consider an elective C (there are other compelling reasons other than timing which I won't go into)
On the other hand, if we stay in KL we can just coast along and let nature take its course... or NOT!
I still haven't decided! Even after your passionate argument 'for', Kirri (which by the way struck a cord with D - he's like go NATURAL NATURAL!)... I just don't know.
I don't want a caesarian... and I don't want to give birth naturally.
Isn't there some other way?
3 comments:
Stefi - you look STUNNING my dear!!!! Seriously, you look gorgeous! I hope you know that.
Oh yeah - forgot to add - sorry about my passionate argument. Kinda struck a cord with me. Do whatever feels best for you lovely friend!!!!!
AWWWW... home is where your friends are!!! Come home come home!
Post a Comment