Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The moon is rising

Well, we've decided to have a Full Moon party to celebrate Zoe's one month in the world.

It will have to be next weekend. Probably Sunday, coz I think I want to do a hi-tea: Pink cupcakes, chocolate fountain, tiny tarts... Earl Grey.

Full moon parties are a Chinese tradition - after a lunar month, it's time to show-off your baby, or at least introduce her to friends and relatives who haven't yet seen her.

Anyway, the keyword is see. I don't plan on letting anyone carry her at the party.

The poor child should not be passed around like some football, breathed on, pawed at by like 70+ people.

But seriously, unless it's your little baby with an immature immune system, one wouldn't even think of washing one's hands before carrying her, much less if you are just touching her face or head or tiny fingers...

G.E.R.M.S!!!!

And trust me, she's a handful when she's all bubbly and healthy. I so do NOT want her to be anywhere near coming down with anything!

So the nanny will have to parade her and then take her up.

*ROAR* (Protective mother here!)

Now to organise it all...

I feel how Zoe looks: Headache!

No comments: