After a bit of a nervous wait... I was wheeled in and D was shown to the dressing room to put on scrubs.
Soon enough, Mopi was here!
I'm glad I went with a C-section though I must say the entire thing was NOT a pleasant experience. It was icky, uncomfy and really kinda freaky. But it was over relatively quickly and for that HOORAY.
The strangest thing about the whole operation was that there was surprisingly some labour involved.
I actually had to push.
After all the cuts were made, the water bag burst and emptied, Dr Y leaned over the canopy and said: "You gotta push her out".
D was encouraging: "You can do it! Push, push, PUSH!" I felt like those women on TV giving birth with a red, scrunched-up face and the strained neck... most unglam.
Anyway, I wasn't very effective. Two people (my anaethesist and a male nurse) had to push down on my belly as I pushed.
"She's really pushing hard", I could hear the anaethesist say to my doc. In the end, Dr Y still needed the forceps and Mopes had a bit of a bruise on her head when she popped out all purple and waxy.
The doc showed her to us and D and I looked at her... and thought... errr... hmmmm...
But after she was cleaned up, she looked human. We were pretty relieved.
Our new family
No comments:
Post a Comment