Normally, Mopi is a barracuda kind of feeder. She latches on, her jaws pump non-stop and she's done in 15 minutes. Then, with her belly full, she happily catches her zzz's till the next feed, usually 2 to 3 hours later.
But for the last couple of days, Mopes hasn't been herself. She's taken forever to nurse (like 45 minutes each feed) and has been wanting to feed practically every hour. And even after she eats, she is fussy and grumbly, refusing to be put down to snooze.
I suspected tummy troubles. I hear rumbles from her gut, she has poo poo explosions, and she's all uncomfy and squirmy when she should be comfy.
Well, Nurse J came today and I told her about it.
Nurse J: Have you changed your diet?
Me: No.
Nurse J: Been eating anything in excess?
Me: Errr... ginger?
Nurse J: Alcohol?
Me: I wish!
Nurse J: How about sugars - chocolate, cookies, sweets?
Me: Oh.
Where did she get her training?
I've been told to halve my intake. It's giving the baby indigestion. I bad!
Sigh. What joy is there left in my day... Stuck in the house, no alcohol, sore boobs, ginger food, endless cups of red date water and now, NO CHOCOLATE!
Here's the quote of the day from Mel: Poor thing. Got the baby out and still can't eat crap! Haha!
Anyway, poor Mopi had her first spoonful of medicine today - Detinox for her gassy tum.
But besides the gremlin in her tummy, Mopi is doing well. She's now 3.8kg - she put on 400g in 4 days. That's more than 10% of her entire weight! Could it have been the Oreos?
1 comment:
Hey Steffi,
I know! The whole boob feeding thing can take a toll on you after a while! I hated limiting my caffeine - that's what mine were sensitive to. Sounds like you're working very hard Stefi! What a good mommy :) It's all worth it in the end.
Post a Comment