I said I'd pass it back to her for her little girl once Mopes outgrows it.
*wink wink*
* * *
IT has been one crazy day today. The next few days are also going to be just as hectic.
Suddently, there is so much to do!
I'm going to stop procrastinating ... once I get around to it.
But the good news is: I've figured out how to bring Mopi back to KL.
Once she poops out (Freudian slip) and we finally decide on her name, D can register her details at the Birth Certificate office, located downstairs at the hospital. The BC will be issued on the spot.
I swear red tape crap like this is just so painless in Singapore! Where else but in Singapore man! Hooray for Singapore Inc.!
D will need to pen her name in Mandarin. I asked him if his calligraphy was up to scratch (otherwise I would get it printed out) and without hesitation he barked a "Yes!". Not shy, considering the last time he wrote anything in Mandarin was probably 20 years ago in ACS.
Note to self: Get D to practice a few times.
Once Mopi's BC is in hand, we can apply for a passport online. Did you know that newly-borns must have their own passports? I thought they would just stick a photo in mine. It will take three days from the day of application. Again, how super efficient is this country!
But there is one slight problem: How are we going to take a photo of a day-old baby? No photo booths. No instantmatics. Photoshop!! But I forsee problems in getting her to open her eyes though... hmmmm.
We'll head home seven days from Mopi's birth day.
But by then, she won't be called Mopi anymore.
1 comment:
farny la u!
We've got the cheena name already. i have a couple of names i like and D has a couple of names he likes but then we're gonna wait till we see her before deciding.
Post a Comment