Wednesday, April 12, 2006

36 Weeks

Headed to Dr R's today all by my lonely self.

Turned out to be a good thing. I had to wait 1.5 hours while Dr R popped out to deliver a couple of babies and for an emergency C.

Yesterday, was a public holiday here and his rooms were rather chaotic today. Luckily D didn't waste any precious working hour$, so he had time to do a quick lunch with moi.

I fancied a crunchy big-asss sandwich so we ended up at Lemon2Go at the Shang.

Who needs wan tan mee when you can stick your teeth into this!


D had a lamb panini and a diet coke. Zzzzz.

I, on the other hand, had toasted rye stuffed with melted camembert, wild mushrooms, rocket and turkey.

And to drink: A strawberry pineapple smoothie.

I just lurve smoothies! All that blended fruit, creamy yogurt and icy fresh juice. DELICIOUS!

But horror of horrors! Our simple lunch cost RM70! ARGH! So expensive for bits of bread and meat... Oh and RM20 for the smoothie. Eeeps!

It was ok though because Mopes really enjoyed lunch.

Soon after I scoffed down my food, she got a bout of rather violent hiccups that didn't stop for AGES.

I had slight digestion problems too. I think I really should have eaten more slowly since my intestines are all squished up in my chest. Heartburn. Ow.

So Mopes and I had an interesting post-lunch conversation:

S: Burp.
M: Hic.
S: Burp.
M: Hic.
S: Burp.
M: Hic.

* * *

Mopi now weighs 3kg (or 2.98kg to be exact) or 6.6 pounds.

Big big baby = big big belly!

As you can see, the belly button is no longer an innie. BUT it's not quite an outie yet. It's kinda level with everything else.

So I guess when the belly button pops out properly, Mopes will be ready to pop out too!

I should rent out my belly-button (now very clean!) as a baby oven timer.

Dr R's scan showed everything to be a.o.k. Growth measurements are on track. Liquor levels are good. Cord function is just rocking.

BUT Dr R was a little concerned with the low lying placenta.

While I don't have placenta previa, he said I should be on the look out for early bleeding in case the baby pushing down causes some problems. If that happens, I'm to go into hospital immediately, coz that means Mopes has to COME OUT!

I got issued a very serious looking admissions form "just in case".

Anyway, things progressing as well as they are, I'll see Dr R next Wednesday. He's going to suss out the placenta again and once he gives us the all clear, we'll head to Singapore that weekend, when Dr Y will take over.

Given my decision, the expected date of delivery will be at my 38th week, give or take a day or two.

Oooooooo I hit 38 weeks on Friday, 28th of April! That's in 2.5 weeks time!

Freaky! How life can change in a moment - or 45 mins (usual time for a C section!)...

The 28th of April is a significant one for my family coz my grandpa died on that date. My dad asked me if it had a sad/bad association. I don't particularly feel that way. In fact, I think it's quite poignant. New life and all that jazz. Quite meaningful right?

If D had his choice, he'd like Mopes to be born on the 1st of May. "Nice date", he said. And also, Mopes' birthday will always be a holiday! No school! No work! PARTY!

Oh well, we'll see what happens. As Robert Burns wrote:

But Mousie, thou are no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley!

2 comments:

Ollie and Viv said...

Love the belly Steph. You seem to be handling it with grace, and dare I say it - excitement!?!?! Can't wait to see REAL pics of the kid!! Keep well :)

Janice said...

Weeeee! Will come visit!!