Amazing.
I went to see Dr Y today and he hooked me up to a CTG. For twenty minutes, I listened to the pitter patter of your tiny heart. Your heart beat was strong and fast. I got your Dad to record the jazzy little rhythm on his phone.
Dr Y says you are ready to come out. He showed us how you were positioned in my tummy.
All this time I thought you were lying on my right coz it is always so much bigger than my left. But it turns out, you are actually curled up on the left and the right is where you do your aerobic workouts. And that's why the right side of my belly takes on weird and wonderous shapes all through the day.
Upon reflection, it really has been a VERY quick and painless nine months carrying you in my belly.
I keep trying to jump around but I forget how big and heavy you are now.
Doing everyday things have been getting more awkward. Even getting out of bed or from a chair is difficult. Walking up a flight or two of stairs has me panting. I feel all wobbly, rolling side to side as I amble along. And if I walk around too much or go out for too long, you protest by bringing on tight spasmodic contractions.
You really like it when we sneak in little afternoon naps. I feel you go all sleepy when we lie in bed, with the air con on and music gently playing in the background.
Unfortunately, your quiet state doesn't last very long. Within half an hour, you get bored and start rolling around, signalling the end of the nap.
You've been also practicing moon walking a lot recently. You have very busy feet. And as you have been getting stronger, your kicks and stretches have been very uncomfy and even painful. In the last week, you've taken to kicking me in the ribs as well.
I can imagine you've been feeling pretty cramped in there and I'm sure you're wondering about all the sounds, voices and lights outside.
Well, the end is near. And we are all so looking forward to meeting you, little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment