Wednesday, April 5, 2006

The Name Game - Part 1

EVERYONE seems to have an idea what Mopes should be named.

My mum is super keen on Deborah. Smell's vote is with Ava or Amanda. Pinny likes Natasha. Claire thinks Mopes is a Lauren.

D has a short-list of sorts. He has two particular favourites.

And me?

I still so don't know. It's hard you know, picking a name.

I've tried with the Top 100 names on the websites. I've flipped through a library of baby name books but by the time I hit the letter 'C' I'm like blah.

I keep thinking one day a ding ding ding will go off in my head and I will just KNOW that ??? = Mopi.

Well, it's been many months and I still can't hear any bells.

However...

It is significant to note here that we have TOUCHDOWN for a Chinese name for Mopes.

D picked it from a list put together based on a couple of character traits/qualities both of us thought desirable/liked for Mopes.

Amy helped us select the characters coz we are quite blur in written chinese (or at least I am).

So here it is (for now at least) -

Mopi's Chinese name: 许丽琳

Pronunciation: xu lì lín

Meaning: Beautiful gem

Hmmm... quite fitting coz I LOVE sparklies!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

What's that in pinyin?

Janice said...

aw i like that chinese name..

you know i agree.. i think you cant name mopi till you see her face. till you actually meet her :)