Thursday, April 6, 2006

35 Weeks

YOU know you have a problem when lying on the cold, hard, flat floor is the most comfortable position you can find:

I'm telling you: Funny things are going on in here.

Just this week, Mopi has been hiccuping A LOT. The poor kid has three to five bouts a day, lasting up to ten minutes sometimes. I read up and it seems that babies are swallowing lots of fluid now to get their lungs and swallowing reflexes ready for the 'real world'.

And today, I have been SO uncomfortable.

Mopes been pushing against my right lung, squashing my intestines and her head's been pressing on my bladder. It's been a struggle to breath. I've been going to the loo every five seconds. And I've got heartburn. Ow.

Mopi is really getting very big and heavy. I can feel her wriggling about trying to get settled but there's just no more space in there. Every few minutes, an elbow pokes out, or a foot, or her bum... it really is very, very uncomfy.

And now that I've just had dinner, I feel like I am about to EXPLODE!

My skin is stretched taut and there really is NO MORE ROOM IN THERE!

In fact, it kind of reminds me of this:

When the python ate the crocodile

No comments: