I was a mite concerned before the visit as Mopi was quiet the couple of days before. She didn't hiccup as much (she usually has more than five bouts a day) and she just wasn't her usual active self.
But after a quick scan, Dr R said all was fine and dandy. We got the all-clear to head to Singgers for the delivery.
Mopi is almost 3.1kg. But the major discovery of the day: Mopes has puffer cheeks!
Here she is blowing out bubbles of... amniotic fluid. Tasty.
INSERT: Photo to come
Maybe she's so chubz coz she's blowing stuff out... or maybe she's just inherited D's cheeks! Heh.
Since the doc's visit, Mopi is back to her old tricks again.
She's been awfully squirmy and we've been having little fights. She shoves her feet against the wall of my tummy, causing little lumps to pop out the side of my gut.
Not only does it look bizarre, it feels really icky. So I use my palm to push my tummy back into place.
Instead of curling back into a ball, Mopes pushes even harder. So I push back. And we have a little shoving battle.
Of course, I usually win being stronger... until she gets really fed up and she shoves an elbow in my kidney or the other foot up my oesophagus or her head into my bladder. Then she wins coz it's like OW!
People say that I will miss feeling her squirm and turn inside but somehow I don't think so! I think I'll much prefer her out!
* * *
This week has been a blur.
Had to sort out major nanny problems, get Mopi's bed/bath/other necessities ready for when we come back, stock up on the "confinement" stuff I'll need (ie procure a list of bizarre foodstuff, TCM herbs and ALCOHOL which the nanny will use to nurse me back to health), and do some last-minute shopping for nappies, a kettle (can you believe we don't own one!) and a hot water dispenser.
I've also been really tired. I have bursts of energy and then CRASH!
* * *
Impending fatherhood has D impressing his people at work. Everyone been commenting on how pro-active he is.
You see, I've been harrassing him to read up. I pull out magazine articles, highlight sections of books and buy him his own Daddy books.
I mean it's important to know stuff... what to expect... how to deal with problems should they crop up... and indeed how to handle a waddling, hormonal, bad tempered (very rarely! ahem!) wife.
So to keep me quiet, he has brought one of the many books I've handed to him to work. He says he reads a few pages each day.
Well whether he reads it or not, the book is obviously placed in a prominent position on his desk, resulting in everyone at work being very impressed with his efforts!
No comments:
Post a Comment