I ALWAYS thought that I'd be one of those cool independant moms who would not let a kid spoil her fun.
I'd be organised, confident, self-sufficient.
I would still be able to do whatever I did before having the kid - with her in tow.
And why not?
There were various senarios I'd imagine:
1] Sitting in a cafe, pram by my side, yakking away with friends while sipping a double-decaf-low-fat-wet latte, with a slice of pecan pie on the side (I dont know why but I keep thinking of that time we were at Bluebird cafe, Mel!).
[2] Shopping at huge department stores (always the cosmetic section I don't know why) pushing a peacefully sound asleep bubz around.
[3] Sitting in a park reading a book or having a picnic with a cheery self-entertaining baby on my lap.
[4] Heading to gym class, all trim and toned in lycra, and being able to leave the baby worry-free to socialize at the creche.
[5] Knocking back a few bevvies at an outdoor pub (no smoke for the kiddo to choke on) and having uninterrupted alcohol-induced debates.
That's the daydream bubble popping, going the way the Japanese economy did.
I now travel with an entourage.
No comments:
Post a Comment