Party on, I say!
For the first time since I got preggo (that's August last year!), I am going to drink! Not a sip or two, wet my lips, half a glass kind of drinking but D.R.I.N.K.I.N.G!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...
Because I'm breastfeeding, sMell said: "Poor cow, even after popping you still can't drink".
But I've just talked to a lactation specialist and... no longer am I a "poor cow"!
If I have one or two drinks, I have to wait about three hours till I can feed Mopi.
If I have more than that (and I plan to), she told me that I should pump and dump the following feed. And if I want to be super safe, I can dump two.
Supposedly, alcohol enters - and leaves - the milk just as it does the bloodstream.
After a few hours, as your body processes the alcohol, it is out of the milk and out of your blood.
So really, I don't even have to dump the milk if I can wait till I'm sober. But it's just that the poor udders will hurt coz in the time it takes the alcohol to leave the system, they get very, very, very full!
Just Dump It!
No comments:
Post a Comment