Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Secret of her SUCKcess

WHAT a difference a week makes.

Zoe's taken so unbelieveably well to the bottle.

I've even been able to dump the Nuk bottles with their teeny teats and replace them with the Dr Browns ones.

I bought eight Dr Browns bottles before she was even born. I was told they were the best coz of their airflow system. Each bottle cost about RM40, or S$20. Super expensive.

(Not to mention the cost of the other bottles and teats I had to buy - and dump - in the hope that she would like them better.)

Half of the Dr Browns are still in their packaging and the others are brand new. I thought I would never get to use them.

Anyway, bygones.

Zoe is doing splendidly!

She pretty much eats anything we give her now. Even the sweet stuff.



Her feeding schedule is perfect. Gina Ford, also known as "the Baby Nazi" to some because of her strict schedules, would be proud of ours.

Zoe is down to SIX feeds a day. We just have to eliminate her mid-night feed and then we're basically set for good.

[1] 7am: Breakfast
Breastmilk - defrosted and served in a bottle!
1-2 tbsp rice cereal
Some fruit

[2] 11/11.30: Lunch
2 tbsp carb (potato, sweet potato, avacado...)
2 tbsp green vege (spinach, sweet peas, brocolli, peas...)
2 tbsp yellow vege (carrots, pumpkin...)
2 tbsp fruit (papaya, grapes, pear,

[3] 2.30pm: Milk feed
Breastmilk - defrosted and served in a bottle!

[4] 5pm: Dinner
3/4 tbsp rice cereal mixed with milk
2 tbsp green vege
2 tbsp yellow vege

[5] 7pm: Milk in a bottle
5 ounces formula
*And then to sleep after feed.

[6] Anywhere from 1am-4am: Breastfeed
* I am keeping this one last breastfeed for a few more days and then I will switch to a bottle. Then breastfeeding will be over. Slowly, this feed will be phased out. And then she will sleep through from 7pm-7am...

Yeah right.

No comments: