Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mummy gave me the dummy


WE are pretty much against the use of a pacifier.

For D, it's a dependancy issue. He thinks if she becomes addicted to it, it will be very tough to wean her off.

For me, I do't like the idea of having something stuffed into her mouth.

With a dummy, she can't smile, or laugh, or talk.

But having said that, about a couple of weeks ago, I started shoving it in.

I wanted her to practice sucking on a teat. I thought this would help with whole bottle conundrum.

She never liked the dummy before. In fact, she used to take great offense at being given one but slowly she started liking it. I think it was because she wasn't getting breastfed and missed the suckling.

And it's worked. Zoe now drinks very well from the bottle.

An added bonus: She sucks herself to sleep all on her own!

No comments: