You are still being breastfed. That about sums up what I'm thinking this month.
I thought I'd be done and you would be a little independent you by now.
And I would have my body back to abuse selfishly.
But it's taking you a while to be weaned.
Yesterday, you teased me by sucking on the pacifier during the day. It was the first time you had taken to it for an extended period of time.
Foolishly, I let myself hope that this would lead you to accepting the bottle.
But you were just playing with my mind.
You still don't like the pacifier and you still don't like the bottle.
So to get milk down your gullet, we've taken to feeding you fois gras style by pouring milk down your throat.
Twice a day you get fed in a cup. You don't like it much but you will swallow some or all (not often) of it, depending on your mood and how hungry you are.
You love your food though. There has been absolutely no problems getting you onto solids.For lunch today, you ate 3 ounces of pureed peas, plus an ounce oat cereal with milk! Greedy guts!
Peas are your absolute fabourite. You also like green beans a lot. You will eat carrots, pumpkin and sweet potato but only when mixed into your cereal and milk.

But strangely, you don't like sweet stuff. So far you have refused - sometimes violently - all fruit.
Pear, prunes, applesauce and banana have all been greeted with utter disgust.
Life has changed for me your Mommy since you've taken to your solids.
It's like I have been set free.
I can actually go out and not worry that you will be fretful or upset because you can eat a lot and drink a little milk.
Nights have been better since you've moved onto solids.You are sleeping for longer periods and don't need frequent nursing. You can now fall asleep without the breast... though it often entails a little crying and fussing.
You still love being attached to me. It's funny, you would rather sit quietly in a sling while I work on the computer than play with someone on a mat. Needless to say, with you growing heavier, my back in constanly protesting our very close relationship.You and your dad have been doing so well together.

I am so happy, particularly now that I can pass you to him when you wake up at 4am or 5am.
Quality time for you and your D!
And I think your Dad is super-happy he can now do more stuff with you, like swimming!

You have met all your developmental milestones and then some.
You are flipping over front to back, back to front, left to right, right to left, like a well-trained showdog on acid. You sit up so well, though sometimes you lose balance and keel over.
You love to explore with your hands.
But the best thing really is that you are such a happy, funny baby. You have such a ready sweet smile. You laugh hilariously. You chatter incessently.
Even strangers remark on your sunny disposition. "Such a smiley baby", they say. In the same breath, they also comment: "Your son is so cute ah!" Even when you are wearing a dress or even when you are in pink. Some people!
Well, the good thing is your hair is growing fast so there will soon be less confusion.
But before that happens, we have to get you to act a little more lady-like... my little ruggamuffin.

Love,
Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment