AS I am writing this, you are asleep on my chest.
Your Daddy says I have been spoiling you a little. But here in Perth with the cool days and cold nights, it's too tempting to cuddle up.
You are my very own fuzzy, cushy hot water bottle.
In this last month, you've realised that I'm really truly your Mommy and not just a milk bottle.
You kick your legs excitedly when you hear my voice and can't yet see me. When you spot me, your face lights up and you squeal with delight. In the last week, you've taken to holding out your arms when you want to be carried. When I pick you up, you wrap your little arms around me and bury your face in my neck.
Baby hugs are so nice.
You also know your Daddy. When you wake up, you look around for him. And if he's watching you, you give him the sweetest smile. A few times when you've woken up before him, you've not been kind. You kick off the covers and thump on the bed till he wakes up and talks to you.
You get jokes now.
You love silly noises and funny faces. You know when people are being funny or trying to make you laugh. Sometimes you smile, sometimes you giggle and sometimes you screech with laughter. Sad to say, everyone is happy to look stupid just to be rewarded by a grin from you.
You are super nosy.
You investigate the slightest sounds. You crane your neck to people watch. You even stop feeding if you hear a coversation going on to listen in - even though you don't understand what we're talking about.
You are super noisy too.
You love to chat and often test out your vocal cords - even when you are eating. I sternly tell you not to talk with your mouth full, but you just laugh at me trying to be fierce.
Hmmm I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment