Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ferberizing


SLEEP training started on Monday night.

It took her one hour of pretty major crying before she finally fell asleep.

As per Ferber's instructions, I went in every five minutes to try to reassure her.

It was hard. The wailing. Not picking her up.

Each time I went in, she would stop crying. Her eyes would light up as soon as she saw me.

Then after a few pats and a kiss, she knew I was about to leave the room and she looked at me with such pain and sorrow.

Ow.

Short term pain for long term gain, I told myself.

Last night was day two in the sleep training schedule.

Ferber says to increase the time away from her. So I went in every ten minutes.

Almost an hour into it, I went in on schedule and discovered that she had puked.

Poor baby cried till she vomited.

That was the of Ferber.

* * *


Weight: 7.55kg
Length: 69cm

Zoe went to see Dr C today for her 5 month jabs. She got three different types. But she was super brave and only whimpered after the last one.

I discussed sleep training with Dr C. He said to be consistent and that if I were serious in wanting her to learn how to put herself to sleep then I'd just have to stick with the programme. He gave me a smirk and said: "It's a battle of wills. You'll just have to see who is stronger: You or her."

Well, tonight there was no Ferberizing. After all, she did have the trauma of injections to cope with.

Sigh.

Maybe she is the stronger one after all.

No comments: