Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lounging around

WE have two lounges at home - one upstairs and one downstairs.

Cool huh?

They have a lot of land here in Malaysia!

Anyway, we used to spend most of our time downstairs where we have a super comfy couch.

Since upstairs was really a secondary lounge, we used the apartment-included three-seater sofa to watch TV there occasionally.

But since Mopes came along, we've taken to spending most of our time upstairs for easy and quick access to her.

So for the last alomst five months, I've spent about ten hours a day (sometimes more!) parked on this crappy sofa breastfeeding, entertaining Mopes or just winding down from breastfeeding and entertaining Mopes.

As a result, my back is perpetually in spasms.

So yesterday, when I chanced upon a very chic furniture store, I bought a new couch.

In fact, I bought two - a three-seater and a two-seater. Both within minutes of stepping in. Oops!

Today, they delivered them.

Mopes and I spent a very enjoyable and comfortable rainy afternoon watching Baby Einstein videos.

Ahhhh lumbar support at last!


Incidentally, D is away for a work trip till tomorrow and I didn't tell him about the purchases... wonder if he'll notice the lounge - and his bank statement - looking a little different when he comes home!

No comments: