Monday, September 18, 2006

Week 20: I'm leaving on a jetplane

...WITH a twenty-week old baby.

A smart move?

Well, Zoe was very good so the experience was not bad at all.

We had a very early start as we had to meet my foggies at the counter at 7.30am. D's parents very kindly sent us off at the airport.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Zoe and I had a stupendous amount of luggage - two large suitcases, a golf bag, a car seat and a pram. I ended up leaving behind the travel cot.

No more travelling light with a baby in tow!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Luckily, my mum had "influence" (ie. being ex-airport staff, she had friends in high places) so we had no problems with weight issues and got invites to the very chic BA/QF biz class lounge. Zoe was very impressed with her gran's connections.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But how come the bar's not open at 8am?

The flight was half-empty so we managed to score a row of four seats to ourselves. Thankfully, there were no problems with the take-off. I bfed her so her ears were ok. No crying. Phew!

Having woken up at 5am, Zoe was tired and went down for a snooze pretty quickly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My mommy's pashmina is soooo soft and warm.

With her tucked safely away in the bassinet, I settled down to watch The Da Vinci Code.

But an hour or so into the movie, Zoe was ready to play.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Send in the clowns!

I threw some toys in her "playpen" hoping that she'd entertain herself but she wasn't having any of it. Her idea of fun was to be walked up and down, up and down, up and down the aisle.

Finally, I had enough and passed her over to Liz who found a way of keeping her happy - Robbie Williams!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Managed to finish the movie (not so great huh?) and before I knew it, we were about to touch down in Perth.

That was when poor Zoe had a freak out.

She just couldn't understand what was going on. Just as Dr K suspected, the descent was making her ears hurt. I tried to bfeed her but she was too upset. So I dripped water into her mouth, hoping she'd swallow so that her ears would pop.

In the end, it was my ears that hurt - from her wailing.

No comments: