Friday, September 15, 2006

Week 19.5: I FINALLY left her ALONE

BABIES are kinda like designer bags.

After a while, it doesn't hurt so much when you get a little mark on them or a crease in the leather.

Give it a little more time and you'll be okay with leaving it on the floor rather than demanding an extra chair for it at a restaurant.

Well, I kinda had a designer bag moment with Zoe today.

It was WML's birthday and Zoe had been very difficult all morning. She woke up at 5am and didn't sleep even until 1.45pm when I left the house.

I thought it would be unfair of me to drag her to a restaurant all sleepy-eyed to watch me eat lunch and gossip with the girls.

So... I did it.

I left my baby at home alone.

The maid looked after her for the first time without a third party around.

It worked out okay. Zoe was happy enough.

So why do I feel bad? Or maybe I feel bad that I don't feel bad.

No comments: