Friday, February 24, 2006

The credit card is still sizzling

We’ve coasted along into the third trimester. Mopi is at 29+ weeks and considering a baby is considered full-term at 37, there doesn't seem that long to go.

Having practically done zip to prepare for her arrival, I had a little panic fit this week, which forced me to sort out my to-do/to-buy list (which basically meant collating must-have lists from Kirri, Claire and Yvette - thanks guys!) and head to the shops.

And amazingly, I sorted out all the little necessities that Mopi will need in her first month... or three!

Now, you would think that me being ME, shopping would have been quite fun. But it was agonising!

An example: On Thursday, I went to the 1Utama Mall and spent AGES trying to figure out which brand of diapers to buy, which Sebamed baby wash was better value from which pharmacy, and if Winnie the Pooh looked too scary on the travel mosquito net. I got there at 10.45am and didn't leave till 5.30pm! I didn't even sit down for 5 minutes during the entire time!

Luckily, I was like an energy bunny this whole week. They call it the nesting instinct in pregger books.


The big ticket items have already arrived or are on order.

We ended up buying this Stokke Xplory Pram in red, which if you remember I had my eye on for a verrrry long time.

And here’s Mopi's cot (it has a matching change table) in her room under a Kessler doggie painting and a couple of cute bed sets which we got her:


So all in all, I'm done except for a few bits and pieces to pick up from Mothercare. They go on sale next month so am waiting till then to finish up.

'Cuse me, can I have a low-fat no-foam decaf latte, please!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Weirdly, my credit card is sizzling too. Why ah?