Friday, September 30, 2005

8 weeks

This month we told:
The Parents

The maternal foggies:
I called Mum in the morning. No one picked up. So I sms-ed her and she rang back about 11. She was like waasssup? Then I said, "You are going to be a grandma!" She said: "Oh I'm so happy!" in a soft voice. We chatted for a while. She said she and Dad never told anyone till quite a while after.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com She had a funny story. The first time she she thought she was pregnant, dad was so great and refused to let her do anything... so she ordered him around and he did all the hosuework and stuff. Then her period came; "He gave me a kick!" Ha ha.

I told her not to tell anyone coz D needed to tell his oldies first. And she was off to play MJ at the in-laws. I'm sure she must have had a tough time keeping the secret to herself. But sometimes it's nice to have secrets.

After speaking to Mum, I tried to tell Dad via MSN (technology!) but he was not at his desk. So he only found out after lunch. When I told him he was going to be a grandpa and he said: "Wah now I feel old loh." Then he said: "So you and D have been busy ah?" !!!! Geez.

The paternal grandparents:
Originally, we were going to send a photo of the pregnancy test to the Doc with a note saying: "So what exactly does this mean?" But in the end D told them over the phone too. I think his mother shed a happy tear or two.

This month at the prenatal visit we learned that:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com [Monday 26 September] ...technology is amazing. D came with me to Dr R's and we saw the little heart pumping away and heard it beat. Freaky.

C had a theory that if the rate was 140+ the baby would be a boy. The baby's heart rate was 128beats/min... so hopefully she's right!

Pregnancy symptoms:
Well, there's been a startling absence of morning sickness and food cravings.

No comments: