IT doesn't feel like a beach holiday until I strap on my bikini and cover my cellulite with a tie-dye sarong.
However, I've not quite made it to the beach yet, where my husband lies with his trashy novel and a freshly squeezed pineapple-orange mix.
Instead, I'm here in the room salivating as I look out onto a lovely sunny view of a salt water pool while Z naps.
So near, yet so far.
At least there's wireless broadband. And the room is pretty lush, with a huge bedroom and bath, as well as two TV lounges and airy balconies. Some consolation, I suppose.
We had an early start with a 8.30am ride to KLIA, then an hour's flight during which I had to manage a squirmy baby in a tight middle economy seat.
After checking in, we headed to Saffron, which serves Mediterranean food. My determined soon-to-be-walker, sick of being contained all morning, just wanted to explore...
...while all I wanted to do was feast!
cheddar cheese and jalapeno chillies with tomato salsa, guacamole and sour cream (RM 37.00) followed by a quickly demolished Surf and Turf served with oven roasted potatoes, red and yellow pimentos and lemon thyme jus (RM 69.00).
Burp!
Though isn't it funny how the Italian crockery looks like plastic foodcourt plates?
No comments:
Post a Comment