Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mopi is a watermelon

Image hosting by PhotobucketI think Mopi has had a major growth spurt.

For the last three days, my tummy has been feeling so heavy. Walking around the house, I even use my hands to help carry the watermelon that has become my stomach.

It was such a sudden thing. Overnight. Pop! Out came the tum. Waaaay out.

***


On another note, I've been confused for the longest time.

We know pregnancies last for 9 months, right?

Wrong.

Doctors calculate the gestation period and the various milestones over a period of 40 weeks. They start counting from when you get your period so for most of the first month, one isn't really pregnant at all.

Anyway 40 weeks = 10 months right?

So being at about 25 weeks, I've been telling everyone that I am 5 months pregnant. I thought in layman's terms, one would discount the first month.

Thus, 25 weeks - 4 weeks (for the first month) = 21 weeks, which is 5 months right?

Wrong.

I've JUST discovered that I am actually one more month pregnant that I thought!

In fact, I'm six and a half months pregnant.

ALREADY!?!?!

You see, last night Mopi was being particularly active and so was my mind. I just couldn't get to sleep. Image hosting by PhotobucketSo I decided to flip through What to expect when you are expecting - a book I discarded after about 10 weeks. (Pregnancy books are tres zzzz... and I am also scared to read the last chapters so I stop halfway!)

Image hosting by PhotobucketAccording to the book, the 40 weeks so work out to 9 months:

First Trimester
Month 1: 1-4 weeks
Month 2: 5-8 weeks
Month 3: 9-13 weeks

Second Trimester
Month 4: 14-17 weeks
Month 5: 18-22 weeks
Month 6: 23-27 weeks --->>> ME! at 25 weeks!

Third Trimester
Month 7: 28-31 weeks
Month 8: 32-35 weeks
Month 9: 36-40 weeks

This is just really scary... coz I'm really quite advanced at 6.5 months, aren't I?

D-Day looms... and I still don't understand the maths of it all.

But the good news is, I've still got my innie!

2 comments:

Ollie and Viv said...

Hey Bkjhkjh gvmn
Violet says Hi!
There's nothing wrong with having an outie Stef! Mine appears very early, but I promise - it all does go away eventually!
Kiza and Viv

Ollie and Viv said...

Waiting waiting waiting for some more news about Mopi Steph! How's she doin'?!?!? I know she's (and your're) much bigger now!!!
Take care,
Kizaroonie