Baby's likes and dislikes:
At this month's prenatal visit we learnt that:
All test results came back clean. Mopi is at very very low risk of neural tube defects and down syndrome. Thank God!
Risk of NTD: 1 in 10000
Risk of Down: 1 in 1425
(Age related Down risk 1 in 538)
Anyway, I got to see some pretty cool pictures this visit to Dr R's. D didn't make it coz we had already been to see Dr AT and Dr Y in Singapore. Dr R put up a 4D (what does that mean?) scan and you could really see quite clearly a picture of Mopi floating around and waving away. It was surreal. Dr R says it becomes even more so in the coming months coz the face will become more detailed - and at the very end we'll be able to see what Mopi looks like even before she pops out!
It's still not so clear but here's a pic of the bubs - she was waving her arm at us all through this scan. Helllooooo!
This month has been:
REALLY TOUGH. Somehow I got me the shingles. And it was such a horrible, painful, disgusting experience.
We went to see Dr R who confirmed it and he gave me some painkillers and cream. But the rash progressively got worse. It was like some flesh eating virus. Blisters popped up the size of grapes and in fact, were in clusters like grapes. The pain was BAAAD - a deep stabbing, relentless, pounding sensation. GIVE ME AN EPIDURAL ALREADY!
Finally, I caved in and went to see a specialist who painstaking explained to D and I the risks associated with taking the meds. So the three of us weighed up the pros and cons and I went on the meds. Ahhhhh drugs. *Bliss*
The blisters have popped and gone crusty (yum yum) and I am feeling stronger, though not enough to venture out of the house as yet, which is why this blog is getting so much attention!
1 comment:
Once again, Steph, I'm just so sorry about the shingles!!!!!
Post a Comment